Upcoming Volunteer Meetings:
Tues. Sept. 24, 2013-8:30 PM - Meeting with Students for Haiti at the University of Delaware, Gore Hall, Room 114.
Please become a member or our Google Group (link to the left) and you will be notified via e-mail of any other upcoming meetings.
|Take one or more weeks of vacation and volunteer with us in Jacmel! We need physicians, nurses, camp counselors, mental health counselors, and anyone who wants to help. |
- WEEK 1 - July 5-12, 2014
- WEEK 2 - July 12-19, 2014
- WEEK 3 - July 19- 26, 2014
- WEEK 4 - July 26-August 2, 2014
- WEEK 5 - August 2-9, 2014
- Children's white tee shirts
- OTC children's and adult Tylenol, cold remedies, anti-itch creams, eye drops, band-aids, hand sanitizers, Tums, etc.
- Women's personal hygiene creams
- Vitamins - children's and adults
- Ziplock bags-snack, sandwich and gallon sizes
- Clothing dye for tie dye
- Duffle bags or large pieces of luggage
- Pillow cases (to make dresses from)
- Yarn needles with large eye
2012 Summer Camp Was a Huge Success!
Our third annual recreation camp and health and wellness clinic in Jacmel is now over. Our camp served over 100 children daily who participated in arts and crafts, sports and games. They were all fed a nutritious lunch and given plenty of water, the necessities of life which we will never again take for granted. Our medical clinic saw approximately 500 patients, many of whom had never before seen a doctor. Special thanks to our Haitian team of wonderful artists and translators for making this happen. We would like to especially thank Pastor Gerson and Captain Jeanine of the Salvation Army for allowing us to carry out our mission. And thank you to all our dedicated volunteers who traveled to Haiti to make this happen and to everyone else who donated both time and funds to our cause. Our bond with the Haitian people is growing and we are already waiting to return next summer!
Lynn Shapira, President and Co-Founder
If you want to volunteer:
1. Select one week or more from the choices to the left.
2. Fill-out the 2013 application which is on-line. Just click the
"Resource/Information" Link in the menu at the left. Mail it
with a copy of your drivers license to the HFI address: PO Box
3774, Greenville, DE 19807