May 19th Friendly's Fundraising Event:
On Monday, May 19th if anyone eats at the Friendly's in Lantana Square in Hockessin, HFI will receive part of the proceeds. So, take your family and friends and come on out that evening!
Please bring over-the counter medications with you, we will have donation boxes available there.
Upcoming Volunteer Meetings:
During the next few months, there will be a series of general information meetings for potential volunteers. Most of them will be held at the Panera Bread on Rt. 202 in the Fairfax shopping center in Wilmington, DE. Bring applications, copies of passports and licenses.
Sunday May 18, 4:00 PM -
Location: L. Bradford's, 404 Bartram La. West, Hockessin, DE
Please become a member or our Google Group (link to the left) and you will be notified via e-mail of any news or details of upcoming meetings.
Hurry, Hurry……...Applications and Volunteer Fees are due by May 15th!
- OTC children's and adult Tylenol, cold remedies, anti-itch creams, eye drops, band-aids, hand sanitizers, Tums, etc.
- Women's personal hygiene cream.
- Vitamins - children's and adults
- Clothing dye for tie dye
- Duffle bags or large pieces of luggage
- Children's Scissors
- Plain white tee shirts
- New arts and crafts supplies - pipe cleaners
- Kites, volleyball net
Thanks to your support, 2013 Summer Camp Was a Huge Success!
Sadly, our fourth annual recreation camp and health and wellness clinic in Jacmel is now over. Our camp served over 100 children daily who participated in arts and crafts, sports and games. They were all fed a nutritious lunch and given plenty of water, the necessities of life which we will never again take for granted. Our medical clinic saw approximately 500 patients, many of whom had never before seen a doctor. Special thanks to our Haitian team of wonderful artists and translators for making this happen. We would like to especially thank Captain Lubin of the Salvation Army for allowing us to carry out our mission. And thank you to all our dedicated volunteers who traveled to Haiti to make this happen and to everyone else who donated both time and funds to our cause. Our bond with the Haitian people is growing and we are already waiting to return next summer!
Lynn Shapira, President and Co-Founder
2014 Volunteer's Needed:
|Take one or more weeks of vacation and volunteer with us in Jacmel! We need physicians, nurses, camp counselors, mental health counselors, and anyone who wants to help. |
- WEEK 1 - July 5-12, 2014
- WEEK 2 - July 12-19, 2014
- WEEK 3 - July 19- 26, 2014
- WEEK 4 - July 26-August 2, 2014
- WEEK 5 - August 2-9, 2014
If you want to volunteer:
- Select one week or more from the choices to the left. Fill-out the application form.
- To do so just click the "Resource/Information" link in the menu at the left.
- Mail the application with a copy of your drivers license, passport, and medical license (if you have one) to our address:
PO Box 3774
Greenville, DE 19807